What is Xia: Legends of a Drift System?
Xia is a 3-4 player sandbox style competitive space adventure. Each player starts as a lowly but hopeful captain of a small starship.
Players fly their ships about the system, completing a variety of missions, exploring new sectors and battling other ships. Navigating hazardous environments, players choose to mine, salvage, or trade valuable cargo. Captains vie with each other for Titles, riches, and most importantly Fame.
The most adaptive, risk taking, and creative players will excel. One captain will rise above the others, surpassing mortality by becoming Legend!
Lets get specific! How do you play?
Customize: Each player begins the game by choosing and customizing a Tier 1 starship. Invest all your money in engines and be a rapid, yet fragile, explorer. Put all your credits into an uber missile and watch other players flee in terror. Get a small engine and save space and credits to invest in buying and selling cargo. Or create a well rounded ship, ready for anything. In Xia, the choice is always yours.
Adapt: The goal of Xia is to become the most famous captain. Completing missions, besting ships in combat, purchasing higher tier ships, selling Cargo Cubes and claiming Titles are all ways that players can earn Fame Points. The best pilots will adapt to their surroundings, making snap judgments and changing plans on-the-fly. If you can think on your feet, you’ll do well in Xia!
Sandbox: The real fun of Xia is that each game will be different. There is no set direction of play, players may choose to be peaceful traders, fierce pirates, workers, miners, opportunists, etc. The game board is randomly laid out and explored each time you play. Players might choose not to explore at all, creating a tiny arena for swift and deadly combat, or explore all 19 sectors and have a large play-scape to exploit. It’s up to you!
Don’t take our word for it!
What makes Xia awesome?
• Stacking ship powers: Each ship has a unique special ability. When you purchase a new ship, you get to keep your previous ability, allowing you to stack up to three abilities for powerful combinations!
• Pre-painted ship miniatures: 15 gorgeous and inspired miniatures (12 player ships & 3 NPC ships).
• Legal / Illegal Missions: Legal missions are a great source of income and fame for upstanding citizens. However, a captain can make more money outside of the law, but at greater risk.
• Bounty system: You can choose the quick an easy path…but it will cost you. Illegal acts will make you a wanted fugitive, operating on the fringes.
• NPCs: 3 NPCs each with their own agenda that fly and interact with players and each other. A villainous Scoundrel, the unyielding Enforcer, and the wealthy Merchant.
• Exploration: Exploration is engaging, dangerous, and fun! You start each game with only a small portion of the system revealed. There are two ways to explore: You can stop your ship, spend valuable energy, and scan a nearby sector. Or you can blind jump into the unknown, maintaining velocity, but possibly flying into danger! You decide: Gamble? Or play it safe?
• Variable game length: Choose how many points to play to at the start of the game. Feel like a quick rush for points? Or an epic adventure? It’s up to you!
• Titles: Think of Titles as “achievements” that randomly come up as you play. When you stride into the spaceport bar others will whisper of your exploits… become the “Dare Devil” by flying through a dangerous asteroid field or the “Velocity Warden” by racing across the system.
• Trade system: You can buy cargo to fill your hold and sell it at a profit, but you can also mine, salvage, or harvest goods, though those options are not without their own risks. If your ship is full of cargo, other players may target you to try and take the goods for their own!
• Energy system: Will you be able to make it two more sectors to deliver your cargo? Or should you take the safe route and go out of your way to refuel? Managing your ship’s energy is an important part of Xia.
• Damage system: When you take damage you have to decide where your ship is hit. Will you take damage on your engine, crippling your ship? Or will you sacrifice your valuable cargo, watching it spiral out to space as you flee for your life?
• Delicious flavor text: Each Mission has a story to draw you deeper into the universe. Every ship has a “Back Story” detailing how you came by her, as well as a “Victory Story” which you get to read aloud to your friends when you win!
• Multiple paths to victory: Every path has its strengths and weaknesses. Combat is totally optional (but totally awesome). There isn’t one “best” strategy. A good player will adapt, plan ahead, and stack the odds to win!