Kanban (看板) is the name for a scheduling system that supports an efficient assembly line, just-in-time production, and a smooth workflow process.
Note: All Artwork Subject to Change
Kanban EV is a game that focuses on resource and time management; and puts you in the driver’s seat of an entire production facility, racing for factory goals and the highest level of promotion. You will earn Production Points (PP) for performing various actions in the game, and the player with the most PP at the end of the game is declared the winner.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) have become more common since 2014. EV’s are the future of the automobile industry. They are superior vehicles due to being more efficient, easier to maintain, cleaner, and are cheaper to run. They are computerized machines that use AI to improve safety and in the near future will provide autonomous driving. They receive software upgrades during their lifetime and are constantly improving, unlike their traditional combustion engine counter parts, which start to become obsolete as soon as you start using them.
Over the course of the game, players take on the role of novice supervisors, trying to secure their careers. You will need to manage suppliers and supplies, improve and innovate automobile parts, and get your hands greasy on the assembly line in order to boost production and impress the factory manager.
You must make shrewd use of the recycling facilities and the limited factory supplies in order to appropriate parts when the suppliers come up short. Because the factory must run at optimum efficiency, production doesn’t wait for you, or for mistakes.
The Eagle-Gryphon Kanban EV Deluxe version of this critically-acclaimed game improves on past editions by providing:
- All-new artwork and graphics by Ian O’Toole to improve both the visual aesthetics and the functional play of the game (e.g. the beautiful and all-new board layout and display!)
- 5 different models and “paint jobs” of the 5 wooden vehicles AND the possibility to add-on a complete set of 40 metal vehicles
- A solo game version designed by the master of solo game versions — David Turczi
- A brand new SpeedCharger expansion created by Vital Lacerda
- A new approach to the Boardroom (and its chairs) which streamlines play in that area of the board by using wooden Speech Tokens — creating a cleaner implementation of this mechanic
- Lots of other great 3D wooden bits instead of 2D cardboard tokens (e.g. see below the Certification, Production Cycle, Meeting, Banked Shift, and Car Part Value Markers; Worker and Sandra Meeples; Player Locks and Car Parts; and Book and Parts Voucher tokens)
- Dual-layered, spacious and well-organized Player Boards
- A silver-painted Metal pace car (Stretch Goal)
- A Special Garage Tile Expansion (Stretch Goal)
- New (and extra) Final Goal tiles (Stretch Goal)
- A new and better laid-out Rulebook, Reference Book, and Player Aid sheets
Rules Changes from Previous Editions:
- You may no longer replace Cars in your garages with new ones.
- When Sandra penalizes you, you now lose 1 PP in addition to PP for any Banked Shifts that you have below 5.
- In the Nice Sandra variant, you are only rewarded PP for Banked Shifts you have over 5, instead of for all of your Banked Shifts.
- There are 3 new Final Goal tiles to choose from during Setup.