Manufacturer: Z-Man Games
The Carcassonne: Big Box 2017 combines the 2001 Spiel des Jahres with 11 of its expansions: the perfect starter set for Carcassonne fans and anyone who wants to play this bestselling game with as much variety as possible. All expansions can be played in any combination, ensuring a unique experience each time you sit down for a game.
• Inns & Cathedrals – Cathedrals and inns increase the value of your cities and roads but only if you can finish them. Large meeples can trip the majority in your favor when you need it most
• Traders & Builders – Eager traders engage in fierce competition to acquire goods from the cities. Builders allow you to play two turns back-to-back, while pigs increase the value of your farmlands.
• The Abbot – The abbot enjoys both his quiet work in the monastery and tending country gardens. While you can place the abbot on either, you can also remove him early to score points.
• The River – The river flows through the landscape of the realm, offering new challenges and opportunities.
• The Flying Machines – Humanity has always been fascinated by flight. Your meeples can now soar into the sky, though you never know exactly where they might land.
• The Ferries – A vast array of roads surrounds the realms of Carcassonne. New ferries along these roads alter paths, providing new opportunities to any of your enterprising thieves.
• The Messengers – The king dispatches his faithful subjects into the realm. Wealth and prestige await any who make wise use of these messengers.
• The Gold Mines – Gold is scattered throughout the realm, sought by everyone. The value of each ingot, however, remains unknown until the end of the game.
• Mage & Witch – Powerful magicians visit the realm of Carcassonne. The mage’s presence inspires the citizens, but the witch casts a sinister pall over everything she touches.
• The Robbers – Robbers on the road demand tirbute from wayward travelers. When your meeples score points, another player’s robber may steal a few of them from you.
• The Crop Circles – Mysterious circles appear in the fields of Carcassonne, holding a strange power over the knights, thieves, and farmers of the realm.
Game Length: 35 minutes