In the dystopic 1930s, the industrial revolution pushed the exploitation of fossil-based resources to the limit, and now the only thing powerful enough to quench the thirst for power of the massive machines and of the unstoppable engineering progress is the unlimited hydroelectric energy provided by the rivers.
Barrage is a resource management strategic game in which players compete to build their majestic dams, raise them to increase their storing capacity, and deliver all the potential power through pressure tunnels connected to the energy turbines of their powerhouses.
Each player represents one of the four international companies who are gathering machinery, innovative patents and brilliant engineers to claim the best locations to collect and exploit the water of a contested Alpine region crossed by rivers.
The Leeghwater Project Expansion adds:
• A new faction, the Netherlands, that uses Jan Leeghwater’s expertise in water management, adding even more water to your dams.
• The External Works mechanic, a set of powerful tiles that can be obtained from a new action space. With them, you’ll be able to perform many actions, but be careful. To unlock the External Works power you’ll need to burn the required amount of Concrete Mixers and Excavators rather than just assign them to the Construction Wheel.
• The Personal Building mechanics. You’ll be able to use a combination of five Building tiles, each one with a different, powerful effect that can be activated by your engineers.
• Two new Executive Officers designed to enhance the External Works and the Personal Buildings.
• Three new Advanced Technology tiles dedicated to the construction of Personal Buildings.
Game Length: 60-120 minutes
Note: Published by Cranio Creations; distributed by Asmodee North America.