In Glen More II: Chronicles each player represents a Scottish clan leader from the early medieval ages until the 19th century. Will you focus on growing barley for whisky production, invest in cattle to sell on the markets, travel to other clans in the Highlands to cooperate or will you focus on gaining control of many famous lochs and castles?
You will need to make the right decision at the right time.
Collect the most fame and you’ve made it! You win the game and your clan stands above all others. Slàinte mhath!
Glen More II: Chronicles is Matthias Cramer’s successor to his debut game Glen More released in 2010. And it now contains everything to meet his original vision of Glen More.
We decided that Glen More II: Chronicles should consist of 1/3 of
- what we love about the original Glen More, like the signature rondel, the activation system and the market
- what we wanted to improve, like much better material, a better game end and a better strategy for small territories
- what we wanted to add, like more strategic depth implemented with the Clanboard, a new tile type and the new overbuild tiles
This makes for the great base game that you can enjoy many times.
For great replayability we added eight (!) expansions called Chronicles, each one adding a completely new gameplay element and all of them freely combinable that you can add to the base game.
In Glen More II: Chronicles play does not proceed clockwise. The players in the last position on the rondel always move. Players proceed as far as they choose.
- After taking a tile, it is added to the player’s Home Territory, activating itself and all neighboring tiles. This produces goods, converts barley into whisky, moves Scotsmen and triggers many other effect.
- When taking a person tile, players can befriend a Clan on the new tactical Clanboard for one-time or ongoing effects.
- After each of four rounds, a scoring round takes place. Players compare their number of Persons, Landmarks, Whisky casks and Scotsmen in their Home Castle. They receive progressively more Victory Points, the further ahead they are in comparison to the player with the least in each category.
- An important twist comes into play in the last scoring round: Players lose three Victory Points for each tile their Home Territory is bigger compared to the player with the smallest territory.
The player with the most Victory Points wins the game!
Kickstarter Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funtails/glen-more-ii-chronicles